Wednesday, March 21, 2012

The Misadventures Begin Again

It is time for the annual State of the Garden address:

My plan(t)s for the coming year:

I cleared out an area about 3ft x 6ft to try to make a raised bed.  I plan on having a Roma tomato, a zucchini, a melon of some sort, and some eggplant.  I'd like to have red bell peppers, but I fear those must be confined to a pot to prevent the deer from preying upon them.

In the container states

I will have suhyo again.  It's the only one that consistently does well for me.
I already have 3 heads of lettuce and 2 stalks of arugula going well.
I will try my teapot again.  This year I will learn to properly harvest my herbs.
The lavender may bounce back but it will need some help.
I will do genovese and purple basil again.
I really want red and green shiso.  Does anyone know a reliable seed seller that has them?
I would like to grow bunching onions, but they never sprout for me.
I need deep buckets in which to grow daikon and kuroda carrots.
I fear many of my containers are, in fact, too small and I'm not sure I have space for bigger ones.
I have run out of thyme.  I will endeavor to make more thyme. 

Thank you for your support.



No comments:

Post a Comment